Saturday, December 4, 2010

Elf -a movie everyone should watch for the holidays

Elf is a great Christmas movie full of laughter :) My tradition, I guess since my freshman year of college, is to watch Elf each and every day between Thanksgiving and Christmas. That sounds crazy I know. However, it just puts me in the best mood. I put it on while cleaning the house, decorating the tree, before I go to sleep . . . It can be the bacckground for just about any daily activity. Over the years I have come to know pretty much the entire movie by heart. I have my favorite parts, my favorite quotes. I am going to share just a few of the greatest parts of the movie. Enjoy! and Merry Christmas :)

Buddy: It's just like Santa's workshop! Except it smells like mushrooms... and everyone looks like they wanna hurt me...

[answering the phone] Buddy: Buddy the Elf! What's your favorite color?
Buddy: Sounds like somebody needs to sing a Christmas Carol.
Jovie: No way.
Buddy: The best way to spread Christmas Cheer, is singing loud for all to hear.
Jovie: Thanks, but I don't sing.
Buddy: Oh, well, it's just like talking, except longer and louder, and you move your voice up and down.
Jovie: I *can* sing, I just choose *not* to sing. Especially in front of other people.
Buddy: If you can sing alone, you sing in front of other people. There's no difference.
Jovie: Actually, there's a BIG difference.
Buddy: No there's not. Wait... [Starts singing loud and off-key] Buddy: I'm singing/I'm in a store/and I'm siiiiiingiiiiing!/I'm in a store/and I'm siiiiiingiiiiing!
Gimbel's Manager: HEY! There's no singin' in the North Pole!
Buddy: Yes there is!
Gimbel's Manager: No there's not!
Buddy: We sing all the time!
Gimbel's Manager: No you don't!
Buddy: Especially when we build toys!
[Back to Jovie]
Buddy: See?

Buddy: I passed through the seven levels of the Candy Cane forest, through the sea of swirly twirly gum drops, and then I walked through the Lincoln Tunnel.

Buddy: First we'll make snow angels for a two hours, then we'll go ice skating, then we'll eat a whole roll of Tollhouse Cookiedough as fast as we can, and then, to finish, we'll snuggle.

Buddy: [to the doctor] Can I listen to your necklace?
[reacting to sign saying "World's Best Cup of Coffee"] Buddy: You did it! Congratulations! World's best cup of coffee! Great job, everybody! It's great to be here.

Buddy: The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear.



Buddy: I'm a cotton-headed ninny-muggins.


Buddy: Watch out, the yellow ones don't stop!
[Buddy is pressing the elevator buttons at the same time] Buddy: It looks like a Christmas tree.

Buddy: I just like to smile! Smiling's my favorite.


Buddy: Have you seen these toilets? They're GINORMOUS!


[Buddy burps loudly] Buddy: Did you hear that?


Buddy: SANTA! OH MY GOD! SANTA'S COMING! I KNOW HIM! I KNOW HIM! Elf Movie quotes

Buddy: You stink. You smell like beef and cheese! You don't smell like Santa.
Buddy: I like to whisper too!


Buddy: Wow. You're fast. I'm glad I caught up to you. I waited five hours for you. Why is your coat so big? So..Good News: I saw a dog today. Have you seen a dog? You probably have...How was school? Was it fun? Did you get a lot of homework? huh? Do you have any friends? Do you have a best friend? Does he have a big coat too?

Buddy: I'm sorry I won't get to ride the rest of the way with you, OH WAIT I forgot to give you a hug!

wonderful, wonderful fun! I hope you enjoyed my favorite parts of the movie - and I hope I inspired you to watch Elf this season

No comments:

Post a Comment