Tuesday, June 29, 2010

30 weeks . . . PARTY!!!!

Our Awesome Cake!!!
We decided that we needed to have a party when we got to 30 weeks. We both don't like cake so we got an ice-cream cake instead! yum! It's mint ice cream.
Anyway, we did have a doctor appointment today. It went pretty well. The doctor said that I was just about 2cm dilated but he wasn't too concerned about that. I am having contractions that are more intense but they are less often so I guess it evens out. He is still telling me that I can be walking around and taking care of Owen as I need to.
As for keeping this baby in, he said that I will probably have him within the next month. He doesn't think I will make it to August but I pray that I at least make it to the last week in July. Who knows, maybe I will prove him wrong - I like to be the stubborn one lol. He also said that he is just grateful I was able to make it to 30 weeks because the weeks between 25 and 30 can be the difference between life and death. His words - "every week between now and when the baby is born is gravy" lol . . . what does that even mean???? hahaha
So, for now, Heath and I are having fun with our 30 week party and we will continue to celebrate each day of pregnancy we have left. Here are a few pictures of the fun lol
30 weeks :)
Happy Daddy


crazy mommy

yay - just wonderful

3 comments:

  1. Praise God that you've made it this far! So wonderful! Let's have a contest.... see who can keep their baby inside the longest! My c-section is in three weeks - your challenge is to beat me by keeping baby Isaiah in longer than that. :-) (As if you have much control over that!)

    You are all such a beautiful family, and I can't wait to see pictures of your new addition when he arrives. Owen will be such a great big brother!

    XOXO
    Tawnya

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! We're praying for you and hope that Isaiah will stick it "in" (not out)for at least another 4 weeks. :) I can't wait to meet the little guy. Hmm...just thought, Travis and I are considering taking a trip up to WA in August. If we drive, we'll definitely have to stop by!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah...and LOVE the cake. What a great idea. :)

    ReplyDelete