Sunday, May 1, 2011

8 months/20 months and springtime

I don't have too much to say. Lets just make a list of a few things the boys are doing now.

Owen
1. He has learned the art of crying.
He used to have a "I'm hurt" cry and an "I'm being a brat" cry. He has learned that the "I'm hurt" cry gets him what he wants lol. I am still trying to figure out how to fix this little problem lol

2. He colors!
He loves to sit at the table and color. He takes all the crayons out of the box, uses one, then throws that one on the floor, then takes another, uses it, then throws it on the floor . . . and so on :)
3. He lets go of the coffee table when standing up.
He will use the coffee table to stand. Then, he will let go and stand alone, only for a few seconds. You should see his face when he does it. . . pure excitement!

4. He tells me when he is ready for bed.
He finds a blanket on the floor, and brings it to me. Then I ask him, "Do you want to go to bed?" and he shakes his head yes and reaches for me to pick him up. After I pick him up he starts to wave at everyone in the room as if he is saying, "goodnight". It is sooo adorable!

5. He hates grass!!!
Screams if even you pick a blade of grass and put it on his leg :) He doesn't even like to sit on a blanket that is layed on top of grass haha
side note: Owen now has an infant teacher, a physical therapist, and a speech therapist coming to the house weekly. We are glad he is getting the help and I am hoping that this help will mean that he will be walking and talking soon :)
He also has 12 teeth now! and eats with a fork! ahhh


Isaiah

1. He is babbling
He loves to "talk"! He will just say dadadadadada all day long :) that's about all he says though

2. He wants to feed himself
He is not really ready to eat more solid foods but all he wants to do is feed himself. He hates when I feed him. He is always trying to put his hand in the bowl. He loves eating cheerios but I'm not sure he is really ready for them


3. He beats Owen up lol
Isaiah is a little hyper child. Owen is very calm (most of the time). Isaiah is always hitting things, throwing things, and yelling. Most of the time he ends up hitting Owen or taking something Owen is playing with. Owen just lets him

4. He is almost standing on his own
This kid has no fear. He will stand up without even realizing he is standing up (on his own) and seconds later he falls to the ground.
5. Sleeping through the night!
He now officially sleeps through the night! The first night I thought it was just a one time thing because he was so tired. It's not! He usually sleeps from 9 or 10pm to 6am solid! No waking up! I am so excited :)

My Boys Growing Up
 8 months
20 months

No comments:

Post a Comment