Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pinterest

So, some of you might not know, but I am a person that likes to be organized. I love to find new ways to organize. I like consistancy, I like plans, I like routine. Since having Owen I have both had to use my need to organize and try to resist the compulsion hehe.
I have to be organized because of all the different tests, visits, doctor appointments . . . the list could really go on forever. I have to organize all the bills, paperwork, appointment reminders, phone calls . . . you get the idea
However, I also have to resist the compulsion because there is no consistancy, plan, or routine with Owen. He is contantly changing the plan, routine, and consistancy.
Needless to say, I have come to appreciate my compulsion and hate it at the same time. It both relieves my stress and creates it all at the same time hehe
I know what you're thinking - what does this have to do with the title, pinterest, right?

Well, a friend recently got me hooked on pinterest. If you haven't begun pinning, you must. It is great, although you can get addicted so beware! On pinterest you can search for different subjects. I often find myself tying "organize" and click that little search button. You will find many many blogs that will give you advice on how to organize just about anything in your life.
I found a pin that shows you how to organize cards. This is another thing about me - I love cards! I keep almost every card I get. I eventually get rid of them but it is really hard for me to part with them. I decided to try this out with the cards that the kids got for their Thing 1 and Thing 2 birthday. I will now do this for all cards we get for the kids' birthdays! I love it!
 Check it out. . .

You simply line all the cards up, punch two holes near the bottom (due to the fact that some cards are not as long as others), then just thread some ribbon through the holes and tie with a bow :)

 Isaiah's book of birthday cards
 Owen's book of birthday cards



What do you think?!?! I love them!
I know it could get a little bulky over the years but we will cross that bridge when we come to it. For now, it's a great way to display special birthday cards :)

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I, too, love cards. They normally end up in a box. This is such a cute way to keep them. I've also taken cards and used them to scrapbook (cutting out any handwritten message and the cute designs). Pinterest is so fun!!

    ReplyDelete