Sunday, February 5, 2012

Feeding Tube Awareness Week 2012


This week is feeding tube awareness week! Awareness will be hijacking my blog this week, I hope that's ok with you :)

Feeding Tube Awareness has given out a topic to discuss each day.

Today's topic: Video Launch Topic: Why awareness is important to my family - What would be different for me/my child if tube feeding was better understood?

I created an awareness video about why Owen has a feeding tube!
Here it is!




Owen would not be alive today without a feeding tube. He has been tube fed his whole life.
What would be different for our family if tube feeding was better understood?
 For us, the most important thing is to educate as many people as we can so that, as Owen gets older, there are more people that embrase him. I worry all the time about Owen going to school and be made fun of. I just want people to know that tube feeding is keeping Owen alive, he wouldn't be here if he didn't have his g-tube. I would be heartbroken if he was made fun of for something that has saved his life - he has no control over it.


No comments:

Post a Comment