Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Swimsuit!

We are so blessed to have such wonderful people in our lives! In the week that I made it known how sad I was for Owen to not be able to be in the water this summer, we had THREE offers from people who wanted to help buy the expensive swimsuit Owen would need to be in the water. I cannot say how thankful I am to have these wonderful people in our lives. Owen is having such a wonderful time in the water! 

The swimsuit itself




Now lets be honest, this thing is ugly. But, to me, it is the most beautiful swimsuit I have ever seen! It means so much to be able to give my son this wonderful gift. Swimming has been a big part of my life and I always envisioned my children as water babies who learn to swim before they learn to walk lol. I saw myself spending the whole summer by the pool with my kids. Unfortunately, that's not how things worked out. I have had to keep them away from water and that was not easy. Owen is drawn to the water and has been for a long time. Keeping him away was getting rough as it is such a passion of mine. With this new suit he is free. Free, once again, to be a kid. You should see him with his swim lesson class. It is truly amazing to watch the joy on his face. Joy, I think, that can only come from knowing that he couldn't always swim in the past. His joy showed that he knew this was special. His attitude, joy, outlook on life inspires me and shows me the thankfulness we all should have each day as we tackle challenges or are given opportunities. 















No comments:

Post a Comment