Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Preschool

That's right!
Owen is going to preschool!
I am a little late in blogging about this but it simply can't be skipped any longer.
It has certainly not been easy getting him into the right school for him.
When school started, we had him inrolled in at-home preschool. I wanted him in this program mostly because it kept me informed. I was able to get any information I needed from his teacher when she would come once a week. Well, school started in August and he was inrolled in at-home preschool. At his IEP meeting late september, they discussed the options of preschool and it seemed that it might actually be possible for him to attend even with his feeding schedule and his broviac that isn't going away anytime soon. So, we started reseaching all the preschools in town and had one picked out. We started doing transition visits and found the preschool we felt most comfortable with.
 
We had to fill out a lot of state paperwork to be able to train his teachers to feed him. As of now, they still haven't been approved to bolus him at school. So, since the school day is only 3.5 hours, I have decided to just let him go 2 hours a day. His bolus schedule is every 2 hours so it works out perfectly. I bolus him right before he goes to school and then again after I pick him up. I am hoping that we can get state approval soon so that he can go the whole time. However, for now, I am just so excited he gets to go at all! He is doing great in school! He is learning to make friends and follow directions. He just loves his teachers and is excited to go to school each day.
We are so proud of him!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment