Monday, August 23, 2010

38 weeks!! - only 1 week left!

Well, I can't believe we have made it this far. We are full term and more excited than ever to have a big, healthy baby ready to come home with us. We have been super busy with life and haven't thought too much about life with another baby. This week it is kind of hitting us. We put Isaiah's bassinet up in our room and we are starting to get all the newborn clothes out and together. We are having trouble finding places to put everything. This week will be full of planning and organizing.
I am getting a little nervous about having a c-section and then the recovery part of it. When I had Owen I didn't really have time to think about it. It was simple - go in, they tell me we have to have a c-section, and then we did it. It was a no brainer and happened so fast I didn't have time to be nervous. This time around I have time to think about everything they are going to do and it makes me cringe. I get nervous with needles and I will be going into surgery lol. I am such a wimp. When I go into the hospital my mom will be taking care of Owen. She is taking 3 weeks off to help me with him as I heal and adjust to having two babies. I am nervous that Owen will forget about me when I am in the hospital. I won't be home taking care of his every need for 3 days. I am so thankful for my mom. She is the only one I trust to watch him because he has so much going on and she will have to be giving him his medications and things like that.
The other night Heath and I were talking and I got so excited when I realized he will get to cut the umbilical cord! I said to him, "Hey, you will get to make a belly button this time!" thinking he would be excited. I was wrong haha. His eyes got so big and he looked really nervous. I just laughed at him.
As for Owen, he is doing great!!!! He had a doctor appointment last thursday and he is back up to 17 lbs. Before he had whooping cough he weighed 17.6 lbs and he lost a little over 2 lbs after getting sick. We are so happy that he is feeling better and gaining weight again. He is growing up so fast! He is rolling over more and more and is trying to crawl. He is very unsuccessful but we are just happy he doesn't scream whenever he is on his tummy. He is also starting to scream - all the time - he screams and talks lol. He now loves to clap and claps whenever someone talks to him. He gets very excited. He is such a cutie! He can now lift himself to a standing position if he holds onto someones fingers. We are so proud of him. I can't believe that he will turn ONE on saturday!!!! We are so blessed to have him in our lives. We were told he wouldn't make it out of the hospital and now we get to celebrate his first year of life!!!!! (with many more years to come) What a little miracle :)

38 weeks pregnant and ready to hold Isaiah!


huge . . .




I love this picture of the 3 of us. Owen looks so old :)
I can't wait until they are wearing these outfits!

Owen is turning 1 on Saturday! and then becomming a big brother next Monday! yay

No comments:

Post a Comment