Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Can you believe Isaiah will be 1 and Owen will be 2 this month?

I thought I would write a few updates on how the boys are doing and what they are up to these days since there birthdays are coming up! They are growing up and I am so thankful to have them home with me :)

Owen
nicknames (names we call him more than Owen):
"O" "Ohwee" "Oeon"
Owen is now 23 months old. He is such a happy little boy and really thriving since he was put on TPN. His face is fatter, his arms and legs are bigger, and he seems to be all around just a stronger kid now that he is getting the nutrition he needs. The most exciting event in Owen's life right now is . . . WALKING! That's right, he is starting to really walk! He took his first steps on Monday July, 25th 2011. He was just walking around the ottoman when Grandma got home from work. He was so excited to see her! She was in the kitchen talking to me. He just couldn't wait anymore - just started walking! He only took 6 steps before he fell but we were soooo proud of him! I am so excited he is taking interest in walking. Before he was admitted last time, he was not interrested at all. However, I think Isaiah walking had something to do with it. He seems to work harder to do something if Isaiah is doing it too. I think Isaiah being around him has helped his development in so many ways.
Owen is also learning sign language! He hasn't said much and we were in the hospital so long, he hasn't had much time with his infant teacher. So, we decided to help him by teaching him sign language. He loves signing! He can only say 3 things in sign language - I'm trying to go slow so he doesn't get confused. He now knows how to say more, all done, and please. I love it when he signs! He often will point at something he wants and then sign more. We just introduced please and it confused him a little bit at first. He tries to say more please but ends up just hitting his chest lol. He's working on it and getting better every day. You can tell he is proud of himself with the big grin he gets on his face when we give him what he asked for. I am hoping this will help him as he learns to talk. However, I am worried it might delay his talking because he already knows how to get what he wants. Owen also has learned how to blow kisses and give hugs. It is sooo cute! He always blows kisses and waves goodbye when somebody leaves the house.
Owen is a pretty good big brother and loves having Isaiah around. I think Isaiah is already bugging Owen lol. In the car, I often find Isaiah screaming because Owen is pinching his arm. Owen is smarter than Isaiah and is more aware of what is his. Isaiah is not as aware of property but he is stronger and faster than Owen. You can see that this combination makes for some pretty crazy fights. Unless Owen really wants something, he will hand whatever he has to Isaiah before Isaiah even tries to take it from him lol. I think it is his defense mechanism - avoiding the fight at all costs lol. But, if Owen really wants what he has, he will fight. Isaiah pretty much always wins but soon is on to something else and Owen gets what he wanted back.  
All in all  - they are pretty good kids.

 Owen's new favorite smile - it looks like he is growling at me lol

awwww so sweet

Owen being weird lol - he is on the ottoman - this is what he does when you tell him to fall
haha
Mommy and Owen!

Isaiah
nicknames (names we call him more than Isaiah):
"Zeah" "Zay" Zay Zay"
Isaiah is getting bigger every day. I can't believe he is going to be 1 at the end of the month! crazy :) His favorite thing to do at the moment is scream. He loves to stand in the middle of the room and just scream. His a big walker and is starting to get pretty fast lool. He really is such a happy baby. His favorite foods right now are strawberries and blueberries - this doesn't make for a pretty diaper but he just loves them so much. He likes to play with Owen. If Owen is taking a nap, Isaiah doesn't really know what to do with himself.
Owen and Isaiah
Isaiah is, what we call, a drunken indian. He runs into everything! He just walks and runs into walls, people, objects all the time. He trips over his own feet and gets off balance all the time. He also does not look at what is in his way. He just walks. If you are in the path, you will get run over or you will trip him, make him fall, and hear him cry. I am hoping, as he gets older, that he will get more calm and not be all over the place (but I have a feeling that won't happen lol).
Isaiah is also starting to babble like crazy. He talks all the time! - especially in the car. Isaiah and Owen often talk and talk and talk in the car. He also laughs at everything. He has the cutest laugh but his fake laugh is really ugly. It sounds like he is choking. His smile is much like his laugh. When he is really smiling - it is the cutest smile!!! But, he also has a 'fake' smile which is much like Owen's smile above (looks like he is growling).
Isaiah is attached to two things. 1. His bottle - he loves his bottle. I know that I am supposed to start weaning him and I am very nervous - he carries it everywhere! He sucks on it all the time - even when there's nothing in it. I can't get him to stop. If anyone has any ideas on a good sippie cup for bottle loves I would appreciate the advice hint hint ;) 2. His blanket - really any fuzzy blanket. We have a box full of baby blankets and I have to go around the house and pick up all the blankets at the end of the day. He drags him around everywhere! It's pretty cute but I wish he would like those little ones with the stuffend animals attached because they are much smaller.

This is what he looks like most of the time - mouth wide open lol

Pretty smile



Mommy and Isaiah
Our Boys

I love Owen's face in this one. He was mad because Isaiah took the sunglasses

Owen thinks Isaiah is funny - I'm not sure what Isaiah is thinking hehe

Awwww - what cuties!

 The boys and I on my birthday

 I just had to post a picture of Heath and I. Having two crazy babies hasn't changed us a bit. We still love each other and LOVE being weirdos! This picture pretty much sums up our daily life.
Love you Heath

No comments:

Post a Comment