Here we go . . .
Owen was hospitalized for a line infection. I already talked about this visit in my last post so I won't go into detail. I just want to share a picture :)
such a funny kid :)
We got home just in time for mothers day! For mother's day Owen's Miracle delivered mother's day bracelets to Oakland Children's Hospital and Doctors Hospital in Modesto
Ready to deliver those bracelets! Such a big boy helping us!
We had some wonderful time at home!
Speech therapy . . .
Bath time. . .
Park Adventures . . .
Just Relaxing . . .
Shopping . . .
Eating. . .
And Building . . .
Back to the hospital :(
Doctor Check ups . . .
Owen had another fever :( Three different bacteria grew in his first culture. However, even after 24hours of antibiotics, Owen was still having very high fever spikes every 4-6 hours. His fevers were unusually high, going as high as 105! He has a history of febrile seizures at fevers that high, expecially when they go up fast so it was pretty scary to me. He continued to have these fever spikes for the next 4 days. It was very frustrating to know that he was covered with antibiotics but still so sick. His second and third blood cultures came back negative for any infection. The doctors believed he didn't truly have a blood infection but instead, a virus. It got so bad that he got a rash all over his body from the virus.
iphones are essential for passing the time away in the hospital :)
Isaiah came to visit . . . we were missing him by the middle of the week!
He couldn't stay long (Owen was in isolation and not supposed to have any visitors under 18) thanks to the nurse who looked the other way for a couple hours!
Owen was going to be dischared! We were very excited. While waiting for his TPN to be completed, I began to pack up our things. I guess Owen was excited to leave and wanted to help because, while I was turned away, he got up off the window seat and began to walk towards me. While walking, his IV tubing got caught up in the wheel of his IV pole and pulled on his broviac site! It was terrible and scared me to death! I called the nurse and the docs ordered an x-ray to see if the broviac was still in the right place to administer TPN and antibiotics. The x-ray showed that it was pulled too far. He would need surgery :( Since the broviac could no longer be used, Owen needed an IV for IV fluids and the antibiotics he was still on. On June 5th Owen went into surgery to have another broviac placed.
Recovery room . . .
Owen was discharged! and we added another surgery bear to his stash
I will save the rest of June for tomorrow's post :)